Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Few

I walk alone.  I walk alone.  An urban canopy.  Treetops peeking, shading the broken asphalt below.  Vines that have climbed from the beginning of time.  This used to be a city.  A city where you could hardly see the pavement under the mass of moving feet.  Now only the few walk here.  And the creatures.  Some good, some evil, all fighting.  Fighting for the soul of this city.  This one road that will take you wherever you are going.  And it makes me scared to walk alone.  Walk alone.  I lit this city on fire with my hate and my passion.  I had to get rid of those that didn't want to be there.  And that's when I found these creatures.  It seems that after all the people left, the true nature of this city came alive.  It seems that the evil creatures are dangerous, but the good creatures are more dangerous.  It's a good thing I have the few.  Oh, I haven't told you about them?  They are my few, my loyal companions,  those that I trust.  Sometimes I try to kill them.  But they don't seem to go away.  It's funny because I used to walk alone, even though I was surrounded by millions.  And now, with only the few, I walk alone no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment