Friday, March 18, 2011

Are we there yet?

I'm tired.  I'm tired of being tired.  I'm tired of people telling me they are tired.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of waking up in the morning and still feeling tired.  I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again when people ask me how I'm doing.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of going to the store with no money and just looking at the stuff that I wish I could buy.  I'm tired of her not feeling the same way about me.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of not eating food because I'm worried about if my brothers and sisters have enough to eat.  I'm tired of not being able to have enough time.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of those boys walking around with their flat-brimmed hats and designer jeans.  I'm tired of those girls in the corner talking about those new boots or shoes or whatever.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of being so gentle.  I'm tired of not being calm.  I'm tired.
I'm tired of not getting there.  I'm tired of going on road trips with little brothers and sisters, and how they fight and yell and make weird sounds and sometimes its actually kinda funny.  I'm tired. 
I'm tired of are we there yet?  I'm tired because obviously we're not, and it's slightly annoying that you keep asking that, and disturbingly annoying that we aren't there yet.  I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of people telling me they are tired. I'm tired.
    I'm tired of waking up in the morning and still feeling tired. I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again when people ask me how I'm doing. I'm tired." was my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete